AUSTIN (KXAN) — A family of three in southeast Austin is homeless after a fire destroyed their home Sunday afternoon.
At 12:48 p.m., the Austin Fire Department responded to the scene in the 5000 block of El Molino Circle, and found a double wide mobile home in flames. Within ten minutes, the fire was successfully under control.
Final 5449 Molino Circle. Fire cause Accidental, unattended cooking. Grease fire. Mobile home suffered significant damage. No injuries but family of three, two adults and one child will be displaced. Firefighters rescued one dog. pic.twitter.com/0k1z2azXHG— Austin Fire Info (@AustinFireInfo) March 3, 2019
The cause of the fire was determined to be an accidental grease fire, due to unattended cooking. The mobile home suffered significant damage, and two adults and a child have been displaced.
No injuries were reported, and the firefighters on scene rescued one dog from the incident.