AUSTIN (KXAN) — KXAN is keeping track of the number of fatal crashes in the City of Austin. Last year, 111 crashes were reported, resulting in a record 120 deaths.
The charts below will be updated as we learn new information. Scroll down for a map of where each incident occurred.
As of May 15, there have been 40 fatal crashes in Austin in 2022, resulting in 41 deaths.
The chart below shows how the number of fatal crashes reported in recent years changed over time.
Below is a map showing where fatal crashes have occurred in 2022. The map is interactive, so clicking on or hovering over a dot will reveal information about that incident. You can also click on a month in the top left to show only crashes that occurred during that month.
The chart below shows the number of fatal crashes reported each month in 2022.
- Jan. 11: Worker, 3-year-old girl killed in north Austin crash Tuesday
- Jan. 15: APD identifies man who died Jan. 15 in crash on Highway 183
- Jan. 16: APD identifies man who died in northwest Austin motorcycle crash
- Jan. 23: Man killed after hit and run in north Austin identified
- Jan. 29: Man fatally hit in east Austin pedestrian crash identified
- Feb. 9: 1 person killed in south Austin crash involving motorcycle identified
- Feb. 10: 2 killed in motorcycle crashes in Austin identified
- Feb. 11: Motorcyclist killed in I-35 crash identified, police search for driver
- Feb. 15: 21-year-old woman killed in north Austin crash identified
- Feb. 16: Man hit, killed by car in southeast Austin identified
- Feb. 20: APD searching for man accused of hitting, killing Good Samaritan
- Feb. 26: 83-year-old man dead after Feb. 26 crash in southeast Austin
- Feb. 27: 1 child killed in Austin crash involving CapMetro bus, APD says
- Feb. 27: 1 person dead following hit-and-run crash in east Austin
- March 6: Police identify person killed in motorcycle ‘collision’ in north Austin
- March 9: Man dead after single-car crash in southeast Austin
- March 14: Man killed while crossing I-35 in north Austin
- March 14: Red sports car at center of deadly pedestrian crash in south Austin
- March 21: 1 person killed in single-vehicle crash in southeast Austin
- March 21: APD: 1 person killed in auto-pedestrian crash in east Austin
- March 30: Cyclist dead after hit and run in southeast Austin; police searching for car
- March 31: Man killed in south Austin motorcycle crash identified
- April 1: 2 pedestrians dead, 1 hurt on Austin roads overnight
- April 2: 2 pedestrians dead, 1 hurt on Austin roads overnight
- April 4: 1 adult dies, 3 children taken to hospital after I-35 crash in south Austin
- April 10: Teen killed in south Austin crash identified; city employee charged
- April 15: Man killed in I-35 crash in south Austin identified
- April 21: 1 dead following April 21 north Austin crash
- April 25: Police identify person killed in auto-pedestrian crash on U.S. 183 in east Austin
- April 26: Police identify 1 killed in north Austin multi-vehicle crash
- April 26: APD identifies motorcycle rider killed after northwest Austin crash
- April 27: 1 dead after motorcycle crash in central Austin
- April 28: Woman identified in deadly auto-pedestrian crash in south Austin
- April 29: Police identify scooter rider killed in east Austin crash
- April 30: APD identifies pedestrian hit, killed in north Austin
- May 4: APD identifies man who died in motorcycle crash on I-35
- May 12: Man dead after crash along Ben White Blvd. in southeast Austin
- May 15: ATCEMS: 2 overnight auto-pedestrian crashes in Austin
- May 15: Body found next to road in east Austin