AUSTIN (KXAN) – The funeral procession for Senior Austin Police Officer Jorge “George” Pastore, who died in a shooting last Saturday, will happen on Friday morning.
Staging for the procession begins in front of the MoPac Service Road at FM 2222 at 7 a.m., and step-off will begin from Weed Corley Fish Funeral Home at 8 a.m.
The procession will conclude at Circuit of the Americas Boulevard, and all vehicles equipped with emergency lights and sirens are invited to join. See a map of the route below.
- From Weed Corley Fish Funeral Home to Mopac Expressway NB
- Mopac Expressway NB to Highway 183 SB
- Highway 183 SB to Interstate Highway 35 SB
- Interstate Highway 35 SB to APD HQ (8th Street exit)
- APD HQ to East 6th Street WB
- East 6th Street WB to Congress Avenue NB
- Congress Avenue NB to Texas State Capitol/11th Street EB
- East 11th Street EB to Comal Street SB
- Comal Street SB to East 6th Street WB
- East 6th Street WB to Interstate Highway 35 SB
- Interstate Highway 35 SB to US Highway 71 EB
- US Highway 71 EB to 130 Toll Road SB
- 130 Toll Road SB to FM 812 EB
- FM 812 EB to Circuit of the Americas Blvd (COTA) NB
APD Officer Jorge Pastore died during a south Austin shooting Saturday that killed three others and injured another officer, according to police.
He is the third APD officer to be shot and killed in the line of duty in 45 years.
Pastore started with APD in June 2019 and was commissioned as an Austin Police officer on Jan. 1, 2020. He has served the community in various roles with the department since then, according to APD.
He is survived by his wife, two stepsons, parents and two sisters. Austin Cops 4 Charities is still collecting donations for his family at this link AustinC4C.com.
Solidarity for the fallen officer
In anticipation of the funeral procession Friday morning, some businesses along 6th Street are flying flags to honor Pastore and show support to his family.
The black and white American flags with a thin blue stripe are intended to show support for law enforcement.