Improperly stored lawnmower likely starts shed fire, destroys car in north Austin

Austin

Burned shed in north Austin (Photo courtesy Austin Fire Department)

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A fire in north Austin Sunday destroyed a shed and damaged a car all because of where the owner stored his lawnmower, fire investigators say.

According to the Austin Fire Department, the fire occurred around 9:30 a.m. on Stobaugh Street near the intersection of North Lamar Boulevard.

Firefighters say the fire was caused because a heat source, in this case, the owner’s lawnmower, was stored too close to combustibles.

The fire was quickly contained and no one was hurt.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

More Coronavirus Live Blogs

Trending Stories

Don't Miss