AUSTIN (KXAN) — A man who was injured in a fire that happened at Austin High School last month died on Wednesday, according to a GoFundMe that continues raising funds for the victims involved.
Sam Herrera was the husband of orchestra director Ana Maria Solis-Herrera, the fundraiser said.
Organizers of the pages said he died surrounded by his family. Herrera and two others were burned outside Austin High School in the concessions area for a “Monster Concert & Carnival” fundraiser event.
According to the Austin Fire Department, the fire was caused by “accidental flash fire from gasoline.”