AUSTIN (KXAN) — One dog is dead and a person is in the hospital after a fire at a two-story home in southwest Austin, according to the Austin Fire Department.
Austin Fire said the cause was an accident related to a gas/wood combination fireplace. The fire did $400,000 worth of damage to the structure and $200,000 to the content inside.
AFD got the call around 7:40 p.m. to the 5900 block of Salcon Cliff Drive and responded with at least seven fire trucks. By 8:15 p.m., the fire was contained. The scene is just west of Escarpment Boulevard and south of Davis Lane.
Austin-Travis County EMS also responded to the call and transported one patient with critical injuries, according to a tweet from the agency. That person was alert while being transported.