Central Market evacuated after gas leak

Austin
central market gas leak_1535648381302.jpg.jpg

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Customers at Central Market in Austin had to evacuate after a gas leak at the store Thursday morning.

Gas was leaking at the commercial gas meter at 4471 S. Lamar Blvd., Austin Fire Department said. Firefighters are working with Texas Gas to fix the leak. 

Officials say the leak is controlled, and the store will remain evacuated while it is ventilated.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

Trending Stories

Don't Miss