AUSTIN (KXAN) — KXAN is keeping track of the number of traffic fatalities in the City of Austin.
As of March 21, 24 traffic fatalities have been reported thus far in 2023.
Last year, a record 122 fatalities were reported on Austin roads.
The charts below will be updated as we learn new information. Scroll down for a map of where each traffic fatality occurred.
The chart below shows how the number of traffic fatalities reported in recent years changed over time.
Below is a map showing where traffic fatalities occurred in 2023. The map is interactive, so clicking on or hovering over a dot will reveal information about that incident. You can also click on a month in the top left to show only fatalities that occurred during that month.
The chart below shows the number of traffic fatalities reported each month in 2023.
- Jan. 1: 1 arrested after deadly 2-vehicle crash in southeast Austin
- Jan. 3: Person dies after veering off road, crashing into tree on Cesar Chavez
- Jan. 10: Police looking for driver after deadly hit-and-run in south Austin
- Jan. 11: Man dies weeks after crashing into tree on Perry Lane
- Jan. 13: APD: Man dies from injuries 10 days after being struck by vehicle
- Jan. 14: 1 person dead after being hit by pickup truck in north Austin
- Jan. 25: Man dies after being hit by car in northwest Austin
- Jan: 28: Passenger dies in single-vehicle crash on Harris Branch Parkway
- Jan. 31: Police identify person killed in 10-vehicle crash on Ben White ramp
- Feb. 4: Teen arrested in connection to crash that left child dead, adult injured
- Feb. 11: APD: Passenger dies after being hit by vehicle, driver flees
- Feb. 14: Man charged with manslaughter, racing after deadly crash in east Austin
- Feb. 18: Police investigating mid-February fatal rollover crash in east Austin
- Feb. 21: Police identify victim in north Austin 3-vehicle deadly crash
- Feb. 23: ATCEMS: 1 dead after 3-vehicle crash in northwest Austin
- Feb. 25: Person hit, killed on I-35 over the weekend
- Feb. 28: Austin Police provide details surrounding hit-and-run that killed bicyclist
- March 5: Pedestrian struck and killed by car on MoPac service road and Capital of Texas Highway
- March 10: Pedestrian hit, killed on FM 969 near Regency Drive
- March 12: 1 dead after 2-vehicle crash in north Austin
- March 13: 1 dead after vehicle-motorcycle crash in northwest Austin, ATCEMS says
- March 14: 1 dead after a vehicle-pedestrian crash in northwest Austin
- March 18: Unidentified pedestrian hit, killed on Decker Lane
- March 21: