AUSTIN (KXAN) — One person escaped a house fire Thursday morning in north Austin, and Austin firefighters were also able to save pets inside the home.

Tweets from the Austin Fire Department said flames were coming from the second story of a home at 7214 Bethune Avenue when they arrived shortly after 5 a.m.

The person who escaped was taken to the hospital by Austin-Travis County EMS, AFD said. One firefighter was photographed giving one of the pet cats oxygen to help keep it alive after the fire, and AFD said several pets were rescued.

Initially, AFD reported there were two people in the home at the time of the fire, but then they issued a correction saying there was just one person inside.

AFD said a candle caused the fire.