Austin Fire: Shorted light bulb to blame for North Austin garage fire

Swearingen Dr. garage fire_579761

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Austin Fire Department responded to an early morning garage fire in north Austin Sunday.

Austin Fire said they were called to the scene at 5:24 a.m. They said the fire was in the garage of a single family home on Swearingen Drive just north of W. Braker Lane and east of Metric Boulevard.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire by 5:45 a.m. with damage confined to the garage. They said the fire was caused by a light bulb that shorted out and dropped onto some combustibles on the garage floor, causing about $3,000 worth of damages.

Austin Fire said the four people living in the home are all safe and can continue to live in the home.

They said there were no injuries.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

Tracking the Coronavirus

Coronavirus Cases Tracker

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

More Coronavirus Live Blogs

Trending Stories

Don't Miss