Attic fire forces 4 out of southwest Austin home Tuesday morning

Austin

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A southwest Austin home burned early Tuesday morning due to an electrical issue, the Austin Fire Department said.

AFD said via Twitter that a fire started in the attic of a home at 4701 Red Stone Court, which is in the Travis Country neighborhood just north of Southwest Parkway. AFD posted a photo of the home showing thermal images of the home’s roof that was still glowing with heat around 2:47 a.m., but AFD said it contained the fire by then.

AFD said the Red Cross is helping two adults and two children with temporary housing. There’s no electricity in the home as a result of the fire.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

Tracking the Coronavirus

Coronavirus Cases Tracker

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

Trending Stories

Don't Miss