AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Austin Police Department is investigating a suspicious death that occurred at a central Austin motel on Valentine’s Day.
Police say they were called by staff to the Motel 6 at 7100 North Interstate 35 around 1:42 p.m. on Feb. 14 after a man appeared to be dead in a room. Austin-Travis County EMS attempted medical care, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to an APD release.
APD says investigators are interested in talking with the two people who were staying in the room where the man was found.
Motel guest 1 is described by police as:
- Black man
- Has braids or dreadlocks
- Stocky build
- Between 5’10” and 6’ in height
- Estimated to be between 30 and 35 years of age
- Last seen wearing a black zip-up hoodie, blue pants, black beanie, black and grey shoes with red laces
Motel guest 2 is described by police as:
- Black – gender undetermined
- Average build
- Estimated to be between 25 and 30 years of age
- Last seen wearing light-color jacket, blue pants and pink gloves
APD says it is investigating this death as suspicious until it can be ruled otherwise through autopsy results and other evidence or information.
Detectives are asking anyone with information or video to call APD Homicide at (512) 974-TIPS or email the unit at email@example.com. You can also call the Crime Stoppers tip line at (512) 472-8477 (TIPS), use the Crime Stoppers app or submit tips by downloading APD’s mobile app, Austin PD.
Information leading to an arrest may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Tips can remain anonymous.