AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) — A four-year-old girl tested positive for meth after being exposed while in father's care back in June.
The child's father, Joseph Daniel Tyler, cared for her the day before the incident, according to the mother.
After the child was returned to the mother, she brought her to Dell Children's Hospital after noticing she was showing unusual behavior. According to the affidavit, the child showed hyperactive behavior with repetitive face wiping and "lip licking."
Both the child's mother and her boyfriend were tested and the results were negative. A Travis County judge ordered Tyler to submit hair samples for testing. The results were positive for meth.
Tyler has been arrested for child endangerment.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Martindale couple drowns in high water in Caldwell County
- Officials: CapMetro bus rear-ended by sleepy driver on I-35
- Storm dumps more than 10 inches of snow in parts of Texas
- Cold start Monday, followed by a pleasant warm up ahead