2 displaced after apartment fire in east Austin caused by unattended candle

Austin

east Austin apartment fire

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Two people are displaced after an apartment fire in east Austin Wednesday morning, according to the Austin Fire Department.

AFD says the fire happened at 1200 Broadmoor. The initial tweet about the incident was posted around 3 a.m. The building was evacuated as crews worked to remove smoke from the building.

According to firefighters, the blaze was caused by an unattended candle at a religious display.

Two people have been displaced due to the fire, but the rest of the building has been reoccupied. Those who were displaced have a place to stay.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

More Coronavirus Live Blogs

Trending Stories

Don't Miss