AUSTIN (KXAN) — Two people have been arrested Wednesday, police said, who are allegedly in connection to a series of bank robberies in Austin.
Tuesday, a man walked into the BBVA Compass Bank on Burnet Road near Braker Lane and demanded money, police said.
It was the third bank robbery in less than a week.
Two others happened consecutively on Nov. 30 and Nov. 31 at Wells Fargo locations on Mesa Drive and Braker Lane.
Wednesday Austin police announced Adam Robertson was arrested by DPS while heading north on Interstate highway 35 after being accused of having connections to the robberies. He is currently in jail in Bell County.
A woman was also arrested in connection to the robberies after she admitted to being an accomplice, police said.
They're both charged with robbery by threat.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Martindale couple drowns in high water in Caldwell County
- Officials: CapMetro bus rear-ended by sleepy driver on I-35
- Storm dumps more than 10 inches of snow in parts of Texas
- Cold start Monday, followed by a pleasant warm up ahead