AFD: Rutland Drive apartment fire was caused by improperly discarded cigarettes



AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin Fire Department says the cause of a fire at the Creek’s Edge apartments located at 1124 Rutland Drive in north central Austin on Saturday afternoon was improperly discarded cigarettes.

According to AFD, primary damage was to the building’s exterior, with some extending into the attic and apartments.

(Austin Fire Department)

AFD says the damage estimates are $30,000 for structural damage and $3,000 for contents.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

Latest Election Coverage

More 2020 Primary Runoff

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

More Coronavirus Live Blogs

Trending Stories

Don't Miss