Georgetown man likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning


GEORGETOWN, Texas (KXAN) – Williamson County Sheriff’s deputies were investigating an man’s death in Georgetown Sunday.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected in 64-year-old Dennis Daniel’s death, according to Williamson County Sheriff Robert Chody. Police went out to the home around 7:18 p.m. for a welfare check and found the man in his garage in the 1000 block of Segundo Drive, north of Serenada Drive and west of Airport Road. A woman called for the welfare check on her husband after she hadn’t been able to reach him.

Sheriff Chody said foul play was not suspected. According to a sheriff’s office release, the Georgetown Fire Department found high levels of CO in the garage.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

Tracking the Coronavirus

Coronavirus Cases Tracker

Latest Central Texas COVID-19 Cases

More Coronavirus Live Blogs

Trending Stories

Don't Miss