Firefighter injured in northwest Austin attic fire

News
Attic fire on Sprucewood Drive_623794

AUSTIN (KXAN) — An Austin firefighter was treated for injuries he received while responding to a fire in the attic of a two-story single-family home in northwest Austin Sunday morning.

Austin firefighters were called to the home on Sprucewood Cove east of Lakewood Drive and north of Ranch Road 2222 shortly after 8 a.m. and began attacking the fire.

AFD said all occupants of the house got out safely as they continued to attack the fire. They said the fire was caused by an HVAC unit that malfunctioned. Two people were displaced from the house and are now staying with a friend.

The fire caused $300,000 in damage.

AFD said the injured firefighter was evaluated at an emergency room and was in good condition.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Austin-Travis County

More Austin-Travis County News

Trending Stories

Don't Miss