AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Austin Independent School District will hold a series of eight virtual “conversation circles” to discuss the district’s reopening plans for the upcoming school year, they announced Tuesday.
The meetings are June 8-13 and will include a short presentation, followed by hour-long small-group conversations and ending with a 15-minute question and answer session with district leadership. Each meeting will have certain audience and language focuses, but all are welcome to attend any of the meetings, the district says.
The district says they want input as AISD staff prepares for a variety of education models that could be in place next year.
Meeting dates and times, along with who the intended audience is and the language the meeting will be in, are as follows:
- June 8, 12-1:30 p.m., Teachers and Staff, English
- June 9, 12-1:30 p.m., Parents and Families, English
- June 9, 6-7:30 p.m., Parents and Families, Spanish
- June 10, 10-11:30 a.m., Parents and Families, Spanish
- June 10, 6-7:30 p.m., Teachers and Staff, Spanish
- June 11, 2-3:30 p.m., Students, English with Spanish interpretation
- June 11, 6-7:30 p.m., Parents and Families with special education focus, English with Spanish interpretation
- June 13, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Parents and Families, Spanish with English interpretations (multiple languages available upon request)
To access the meetings via Zoom, the information the district has provided is:
- Link to join the meeting
- Meeting ID: 928 4720 8844
- Password: AISD
- Join by phone: 1-346-248-7799