Wheeling W.VA. (Wheeling)- Wheeling Police are investigating a pedestrian fatality in the 100 block of Warwood Avenue/ WV State Route 2.
At 6:36 a.m., officers were dispatched for a report of a vehicle hitting a pedestrian, but when officers arrived, a victim could not be located.
Shortly after, a second 911 call was made at the Interstate 70 Washington Avenue eastbound exit ramp for a vehicle that appeared to be dragging a body.
Further investigation led police investigators to believe a woman was hit by a pickup truck in Warwood and then dragged by a second vehicle to the Washington Avenue area.
Police have located the drivers of both vehicles and are working to make a positive identification of the adult female victim. The incident is still under investigation.
- US has spent over $1B to prevent spread of coronavirus; border authorities on high alert
- Border wait times hinder flow of commerce, hurting American companies
- Immigration, other issues persist, but view of border distorted, Texas Tribune panelists say
- Migrants on one-way flights out of McAllen help break airport’s travel record
- Guatemalan woman gives birth at Border Patrol station minutes after being detained