AUSTIN (KXAN) — With the start of school just around the corner many are gathering their school supplies to prepare for the big day. One doctor is warning parents they should also be preparing with these tips to help prevent kids from being bullied.
Joining us in the KXAN studio is Dr. Goddy Corpuz, a pediatrician with the Baylor Scott and White clinic in Cedar Park.
Corpuz says there are different types of bullying children may encounter; from verbal to social and physical.
Warning signs kids are being bullied:
- Unexplained injuries
- Sudden changes in behavior
- Destruction to close, books, property
- Changes in eating habits
- Changes in sleeping habits or frequent nightmares
- Decreased academic performance
- Sudden loss of friends and/or avoidance of social situations