AUSTIN (KXAN) — At least three people were arrested stemming from a deadly 2018 shooting in Austin.
The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force led by the U.S. Marshals arrested Deandre Eric Conner, 25, in the 1800 block of Rundberg Lane Thursday night. That’s just north of U.S. Highway 183 between Metric and Lamar Boulevards. He was wanted on a capital murder by threat charge.
Deandre is accused of shooting at Johnathan Rogers in the 1600 block of Mearns Meadows Boulevard at 10:30 p.m. on Aug. 24, 2018 near Cook Elementary School. Rogers was taken to a medical facility and died from being shot in the chest.
The Austin Police Department’s homicide investigation found enough evidence to obtain an arrest warrant on Dec. 8, 2021, the U.S. Marshal’s Office said in a press release. Deandre was taken into custody at an apartment complex without incident, authorities said.
According to records, Deandre is currently in custody at Travis County Jail.
Along with Deandre’s arrest, his brother, Dominique Conner, was arrested in Williamson County in connection with the case. He’s charged with capital murder.
A third man, Kenneth Burch, was also arrested and charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.
Both Dominique and Burch’s arrests were made thanks to partnership with the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force.
The task force is made up of law enforcement from the following agencies:
- Austin Police Department-Tactical Intelligence Unit
- Georgetown and Round Rock Police Department’s
- Travis, Caldwell, Hays, Williamson, and Bastrop County Sheriff’s Office’s
- Texas Attorney General’s Office
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice OIG
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement
- U.S. DHS/Homeland Security Investigations