AUSTIN (KXAN) — KXAN is keeping track of the number of homicides in the City of Austin. Last year, a record 88 homicides were reported in the city.
The charts below will be updated as we learn new information. Scroll down for a map of where each incident occurred.
As of June 24, there have been 35 homicides in Austin in 2022.
The chart below shows how the number of homicides reported in recent years changed over time.
Below is a map showing where homicides have occurred in 2022. The map is interactive, so clicking on or hovering over a dot will reveal information about that incident. You can also click on a month in the top left to show only homicides that occurred during that month.
The chart below shows the number of homicides reported each month in 2022.
- Jan. 5: 27-year-old man killed in northwest Austin during robbery — city’s 1st homicide of 2022
- Jan. 8: Man arrested in Bell County related to January Austin homicide
- Jan. 18: 22-year-old charged with murder after man found shot dead at southeast Austin apartment
- Jan. 22: Man wanted for deadly 6th Street stabbing arrested by US Marshals
- Jan. 22: APD: Man charged with capital murder after shooting left two dead in north Austin
- Jan. 23: 19-year-old charged with 2 counts of murder from deadly parking lot shooting
- Jan. 23: APD: Son killed father via ‘blunt force trauma’ while both living out of pickup
- Jan. 27: Man charged with murder after deadly drug deal in southeast Austin
- Jan. 29: APD: Man shoots woman through pocket of hoodie, faces murder charge
- Feb. 14: Austin man faces murder charge after stabbing father to death, APD says
- Feb. 23: APD: Man faces capital murder charge after botched drug deal in south Austin
- Feb. 24: APD: Man killed after argument at NE Austin apartment identified
- March 2: LBJ student killed in shooting across street from school identified by police
- March 7: Man arrested in connection to homicide near southeast Austin creek
- March 17: 18-year-old arrested after man shot, killed last week off Porter Street
- March 21: Man, woman dead after murder-suicide in north Austin Monday
- April 16: Affidavit: Suspect arrested after police find body with ‘chop force injuries’ days after death
- April 17: APD: Death of man Sunday now classified as homicide
- April 22: Austin man charged with double homicide of wife, stepson
- April 28: 2 victims shot, killed 10 minutes apart in Austin last week identified
- April 29: APD identifies 2 found dead in west Austin home
- April 30: 2nd man charged with murder after 17 year old dies from Austin shooting
- May 11: Kaitlin Armstrong captured in Costa Rica, records show bail set at $3.5 million
- May 21: Suspect in north Austin club parking lot shooting left the country, police say
- May 23: APD investigating deadly shooting in south Austin
- June 9: Austin police identify man killed at North Lamar bus stop
- June 14: Teen charged with murder in connection to June 14 shooting
- June 18: Man arrested after shooting that killed 1, injured 2 at Austin motel
- June 20: APD: Murder suspect in custody after man hit, killed by car
- June 20: APD: 2 siblings dead in murder-suicide in northwest Austin
- June 24: Woman at center of CLEAR Alert found dead, police say