KESHENA, Wis. (KXAN/NBC) — A child’s trick-or-treat bag in Wisconsin contained something much more dangerous than candy — a small amount of methamphetamine.
The child’s mother went through the Halloween candy and found a small bag with yellow powder among the treats. She said her child brought it back after going trick-or-treating on the Menominee Indian Reservation over the weekend.
The child did not eat any of the meth, and police are investigating.
Officials say it’s always a good idea for parents to inspect candy for dangerous items or treats that may give a child an allergic reaction.