LAGO VISTA, Texas (KXAN) – A fire that broke out in some apartments spread to a popular restaurant below them in Lago Vista late Thursday night. It started shortly before midnight at the building that housed Mojo’s Icehouse on Lohman Ford Road, near FM 1431.

Shortly before midnight, employees smelled smoke and alerted firefighters with Travis County ESD 1. The first battalion chief to arrive reported flames shooting 15 to 30 feet in the air. Fire crews from Leander and Cedar Park also helped fight the flames.

The bar had just closed at midnight and there were a few people outside mingling after last call. Everyone got out safely, but the flames destroyed the building.

Chief Donnie Norman says fire investigators believe the flames started on the second floor of the building, which housed apartments. They have not yet determined what started the fire.