SNYDER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Snyder residents are asked to stay inside due to a dangerous inmate at large in town.
Officials say the inmate escaped custody by stealing a Sheriff’s Office vehicle.
The vehicle was found abandoned in the area of Avenue A and 35th Street just before 10:00 a.m. He is now believed to be on foot and is considered dangerous.
Snyder police are warning citizens to take the following precautions:
- Stay indoors and away from windows
- If someone tries to enter your home call 911 immediately
- Stay inside until you receive an all clear message.
All schools are currently on hard lockdown due to the inmate escape. Police will be in the area until he captured.
It’s unknown why the inmate was in custody but police scanner traffic indicates he may have numerous weapons and body armor.
- Family asking for answers a month after east Austin bike crash kills their loved one
- ESPN Survey: Fans think Astros players should be punished for cheating scandal
- Texas misses out on golden opportunity against No. 6 Kansas
- Warrant for Odell Beckham Jr. rescinded in butt-swat case
- Police: Missing 12-year-old last seen in southwest Austin found safe