SNYDER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Snyder residents are asked to stay inside due to a dangerous inmate at large in town.
Officials say the inmate escaped custody by stealing a Sheriff’s Office vehicle.
The vehicle was found abandoned in the area of Avenue A and 35th Street just before 10:00 a.m. He is now believed to be on foot and is considered dangerous.
Snyder police are warning citizens to take the following precautions:
- Stay indoors and away from windows
- If someone tries to enter your home call 911 immediately
- Stay inside until you receive an all clear message.
All schools are currently on hard lockdown due to the inmate escape. Police will be in the area until he captured.
It’s unknown why the inmate was in custody but police scanner traffic indicates he may have numerous weapons and body armor.
- Police: Two people shot in southeast Austin
- November bird forecast
- Myrtle Beach City Council votes to not allow swingers club
- Former Bowie High School teacher pleads guilty to sexual assault of a child for relationship with student
- Dreamers vow to ‘stay strong’ should High Court allow White House to toss DACA program