EL PASO, Texas (KTSM/Border Report) – Two more people have died from their injuries after the shooting at an east El Paso Walmart Saturday.
A gunman opened fire at the Walmart at about 10:30 a.m. on Saturday. His violence has resulted in 22 deaths and 27 injuries, according to El Paso Police Chief Greg Allen.
Of the 22 confirmed deaths, 13 were U.S. citizens, seven Mexican citizens, one German citizen and one with undetermined citizenship, according to the police chief.
Victims of the El Paso Walmart shooting
Names, ages and nationalities provided by El Paso law enforcement
- Andre Anchondo: 23-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Jordan Anchondo: 24-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Arturo Benavides: 60-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Leo Cipeda Campos: 41-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Angie Englisbee: 86-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Maria Flores: 77-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Raul Flores: 77-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Jorge Calvillo García: 61-year-old |Mexican citizen
- Adolfo Cerros Hernández: 68-year-old | Mexican citizen
- Alexander Hoffman: 66-year-old |German citizen
- David Johnson: 63-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Luis Alfonso Juarez: 90-year-old | U.S. citizen
- María Eugenia Legarrega Rothe: 58-year-old | Mexican citizen
- Elsa Libera Marquez: 57-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Maribel Loya: 56-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Ivan Hilierto Manzano: 46-year-old | Mexican citizen
- Gloria Irma Márquez: 61-year-old | Mexican citizen
- Margie Reckard: 63-year-old | U.S. citizen
- Sara Esther Regaldo Moriel: 66-year-old | Mexican citizen
- Javier Rodriguez: 15-year-old | undetermined
- Teresa Sanchez: 82-year-old | Mexican citizen
- Juan Velazquez: 77-year-old | U.S. citizen
The alleged shooter, a 21-year-old from Allen, Texas bought the 7.62 caliber weapon legally, according to police.
He is being held with no bond under charge of capital murder, El Paso police report.
El Paso Mayor Dee Margo spoke to President Donald Trump by phone and says the president is visiting El Paso Wednesday.
Margo wanted to make it clear that Trump’s visit is not a political visit saying “in that capacity, I will fulfill my obligations, and address whatever our needs are in this community.”
“We aren’t dealing with that, we are dealing with 22 people who passed from an evil act done by a white supremacist,” Mayor Margo said.
Police announced the news of the first victim Monday morning via tweet.
“Sad to report that the number of fatalities increased by one,” police said in the tweet. “Victim passed early this morning at the hospital.”
Hospital officials confirmed one other person had died in their update Monday morning. Medical Director of Trauma at Del Sol Medical Center Stephen Flaherty said teams have been providing continuous care to victims.
“The nursing staff has been incredible,” Flaherty said. “The ICU nurses have been amazing. At most times, there have been 2-3 nurses at the bedside of each of these patients.”
Del Sol’s CEO said he’s been in touch with families.
“As I’m hugging the guy of a son who just lost his mom he’s talking about the nurses and the doctors and complimenting them to me and that’s what he was thinking about at this point and being able to convey just what a phenomenal job of all the doctors all of the Del Sol family has done.”