TEXAS (KXAN) — With fall officially underway, Texans in the mood for some spooky thrills will find two of the country’s top-ranked ghost tours are right in their backyard.
USAToday’s 10 Best rankings listed San Antonio’s Sisters Grimm Ghost Tours and New Braunfels Ghost Tours as No. 3 and No. 9 nationally. The Top 10 rankings are outlined below:
- Nightly Spirits – Multiple Cities
- Mysteries of Hawaii – Oahu, Hawaii
- Sisters Grimm Ghost Tours – San Antonio, Texas
- Black Cat Tours – Salem, Massachusetts
- Ghost City Tours – Savannah, Georgia
- Bar Harbor Ghost Tours – Bar Harbor, Maine
- DC by Foot Ghosts of Georgetown – Washington, D.C.
- Secrets of St Augustine/A Ghostly Encounter – Saint Augustine, Florida
- New Braunfels Ghost Tours – New Braunfels, Texas
- Ghosts and Gravestones Tour in Key West – Key West, Florida
Sisters Grimm Ghost Tours
At Sisters Grimm Ghost Tours in San Antonio, tour options include a ghost bus tour, a haunted history ghost walk and private group tours.
The ghost bus tour is a two-and-a-half-hour trip that includes a visit to The Menger, dubbed the most haunted hotel in Texas, and a tour through San Antonio’s historic cemetery.
The haunted history ghost walk is a 90-minute tour with visits to The Alamo, the Spanish Governor’s Mansion, the Menger Hotel and the old Bexar County Jail.
204 Alamo Plaza, San Antonio. 210-638-1338.
New Braunfels Ghost Tours
The 90-minute New Braunfels Ghost Tours starts outside Naeglin’s Bakery before stopping at the Faust Hotel, Comal County Courthouse and the Phoenix Saloon, among others. The guided tour will outline the history of several hauntings that have occurred at various hotels, bars and other locations near downtown.
129 S. Seguin St., New Braunfels. 830-221-5221.