AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin has a vibrant food scene, with endless locations to get your hands on a variety of tacos.
So we created a list to narrow down your options, with the help of our viewers.
- Paprika describes itself as a mobile kitchen that serves Mexican food with Texas ingredients, according to its website. It is open Tuesdays through Saturdays at its North Lamar location and has a popup at Long Play Lounge St. Johns on Fridays.
- Location: 6519 N. Lamar Blvd.
- This food truck offers both breakfast and lunch/dinner tacos and is open Wednesdays through Sundays.
- Location: 807 E. Fourth St.
- This restaurant was opened in 1980 by two teachers, according to its website, and is still run by members of the family.
- Location: 2300 E. Cesar Chavez St.
- The food truck prides itself on serving “Mexico City-style” tacos.
- Location: 1108 E. 12th St.
- Oye Taquito brings Rio Grande Valley flavor to Austin. The food truck has 4.5 stars on Yelp.
- Location: 1704 E. Cesar Chavez St.
- Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ is open Wednesdays through Sundays and is run by Miguel Vidal and his wife Modesty, according to the food truck’s website. In addition to tacos and breakfast tacos, they offer classic barbecue dishes.
- Location: 11500 Menchaca Rd.
- This food trailer has served Austinites since 1985, according to its Instagram page.
- Location: 1801 E Riverside Dr.
- Owned by two sisters from Mexico, the local taco chain first opened in April 2008 and only sold snow cones, smoothies and natural drinks at first, according to its website.
- Location: Six spots across Austin and Round Rock
- The Amaya family has been serving Austin since 1976, according to the restaurant’s website.
- Location: Two locations in Austin — one central and one south
- The first Taco Shack opened in 1996, according to the restaurant’s website. The business has grown into a Texas chain, with a location in Frisco in addition to its Austin-area spots.
- Location: Six locations across Austin and Cedar Park