CENTRAL TEXAS (KXAN) — As summer approaches and temperatures rise higher and higher, you may be wondering where to get ice cream and other cold treats to help you cool down.
Here’s where to get a cool, tasty treat to beat the heat:
- Amy’s Ice Cream has several Austin and Central Texas locations
- Andy’s Frozen Custard, with locations in several states, including in Central Texas in Cedar Park, Round Rock, Pflugerville, and Austin
- Casey’s New Orleans Snowballs at 808 E. 51st St., Austin
- D’Lites said it serves low-calorie, low-sugar, low-carb, gluten-free ice cream. It’s located at 4404 William Cannon Dr., Suite G, Austin
- Flight Ice Creams at 391 Sportsplex Dr., Suite C, Dripping Springs
- Frozen Flamingo at 1208 Williams Dr., Georgetown
- Handel’s Ice Cream Anderson Mill at 11521 N. FM 620, Austin
- Jeremiah’s Italian Ice at 700 E. Whitestone Blvd., Suite 100, Cedar Park
- Jim Jim’s Water Ice at 615 E. Sixth St., Austin
- La Ola Pop Shop at 856 Kohlers Crossing, #320, Kyle
- Lick Honest Ice Creams has three Austin locations – south Austin, north Austin and east Austin in Mueller
- Scoop & Score Ice Cream and Coffee Parlor at 111 N. Vista Ridge Blvd., Suite 202, Cedar Park
- Zed’s Real Fruit Ice Cream at 1814 Harvey St., Austin
If you’re looking for a fun experience to go along with your sweet, cold treat, you can check out the Museum of Ice Cream located in The Domain. General admission tickets start around $21-35.
If you have an event you’d like to be catered with frozen treats, you can book Ms. Yancey’s Ice Cream Truck.