WTEN - WASHINGTON (NEWS10) – NASA is warning photographers to protect their cameras when trying to photograph the upcoming solar eclipse on Monday.
NASA says you will need to purchase a solar filter that will reduce the light intensity. You could use ISO-approved solar eclipse viewing glasses to protect your camera lens from the eclipse.
The exception is if you are taking a photo of the brief moment of totality. If you're using a filter during this time, NASA says you will not be able to see the faint corona in the photographs.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: UK police seek sightings of poisoned spy's car
- 1 skier dead, 3 missing in Switzerland avalanche
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy-poisoning response
- Overall champs Shiffrin, Hirscher lead season-ending races