- Keeping students safe by upgrading building security is the plan underway at The University of Texas. School officials are working to add an access control system to all buildings to keep those who don't belong, out.
- Last Thanksgiving weekend DPS troopers arrested 386 people for driving while intoxicated, and they're worried that number could go up this year. A Leander family is still dealing with the impact of a drunk driving tragedy more than 11 years later.
The Young Conservatives of Texas chapter at the University of Texas has called off its plan to host a game called "Catch an Illegal Immigrant," an event originally planned for Wednesday.
Fan Fest drew thousands of international F1 fans to downtown Austin on Saturday night. UT football fans trickling into downtown after the game helped draw in local crowds.
- Controversy continues over a multi-million dollar road near the Circuit of the Americas race track after commissioners approved construction of the four-lane extension of Kellam Road to SH 71.
- Dozens of Yellow Cab Taxi drivers showed up at city hall Tuesday saying current troubles booking a cab could get worse.
- One week until thousands of visitors from across the world descend upon Austin for the Formula One Grand Prix race. As downtown businesses get ready to cash in, those a little farther out are changing their game plan.
Residents along Bluff Springs Road in Southeast Austin rushed to their rooftops as floodwaters surged into their home Thursday morning.
A student at Smithville Junior High School died Friday from self-inflicted injuries after he shot himself on Wednesday morning at the school, the superintendent's office confirmed. No one saw the event happen.
The risk of new flooding comes as some are still cleaning up the damage left behind from floods two weeks ago. Many are preparing for the possibility of a second round.
- Sunday marks the halfway point of the 20th annual Austin Film Festival and some big names are in town.It's no accident -- state lawmakers have laid out the red carpet, hoping to lure more movie-makers here and it's working.
- You hear of people looking for their missing dogs, but one Pflugerville family is searching for their best friend for reasons they never saw coming.
- The recent death of an infant in foster care has sparked an investigation into Child Protective Services by the Texas Heath and Human Services Office of the Inspector General
The city unveiled 40 new affordable housing apartments in South Austin on Wednesday. The Legacy Apartments are filled to capacity serving low-income residents.
Six University of Texas campus locations were vandalized with pro-A&M graffiti over the weekend, according to university police.
An 11-year-old from Central Texas is gaining national attention after winning a celebrity cooking show.