AUSTIN (KXAN) - Sheri Falk was in studio on Saturday morning to discuss dressing basic pieces up or down for New Year's Eve.
Falk uses Basiques, which is a mix of pieces that can be combined for a single wardrobe. On Saturday morning, Falk brought in two models to demonstrate the less formal and more formal holiday looks.
Here are some tips Falk offered to viewers on getting a classic look:
- Put on what you would wear for a date or interview - look in the mirror and note how you feel in this ensemble - go through your entire wardrobe and cleanse anything that does note give you that same feeling.
- Your clothing should fit you properly - starting with a great fitting silhouette is the best way to present yourself - regardless of size.
- Incorporate color and texture into your wardrobe.
- Two pieces are separates - three pieces make an ensemble.
- Highlight the most narrow part of your frame with a belt or accessory.
Cold temperatures forecast for Saturday morning have prompted Georgetown officials to cancel the parade associated with the annual Christmas Stroll. The Stroll, however, will go on.
A Lago Vista couple faces child endangerment charges after authorities found their home covered in feces and garbage.
The Austin Humane Society reopened to the public Friday after closing its doors for six weeks.
The freezing and near-freezing rain that swooped into Central Texas overnight prompted numerous school closings and delays and made for a harrowing morning commute on Friday.
A man is charged with murder in the shooting death Wednesday of a woman at a North Austin auto repair shop, police said Friday.
The man who fell into a flood control channel and drowned last month was identified Friday as 57-year-old Ronald M. Allen.