AUSTIN (KXAN) -- The woman killed in a crash on South Interstate 35 early Wednesday morning has been identified by Austin police.
Heidi Carrillo, 20, was driving southbound in the 2500 block of I-35 near Oltorf Street when she lost control and hit a guard rail on the west side of the highway.
Police say she was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle. Carrillo, who was the only person in the car, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash at 2:35 a.m.
Austin police are still investigating the incident. Anyone with information on the crash is asked to contact APD Homicide Unit detectives at 512-974-6935.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Myanmar leader welcomed to Australian Parliament House
- Twins SS Polanco banned 80 games after positive drug test
- Zoned out: 11th-seeded Syracuse eliminates Michigan State
- Facebook's Zuckerberg comes under fire from UK, US lawmakers