AUSTIN (KXAN) -- A new list has determined the five most dangerous intersections in Austin by which ones have had the highest number of crashes.
District 5 City Councilmember Ann Kitchen wants to make these intersections safer. She's proposing the city make improvements to these intersections at a cost to taxpayers of around $4 million. A quarter of the money would specifically go towards fixing Slaughter Lane and Manchaca Road, since it ranks as the overall most dangerous for drivers.
Some of the improvements being discussed include adding raised medians and changing some turn lanes to prevent drivers from making unsafe turns.
The five most dangerous intersections are ranked in order by the most crashes, rate and severity.
- West Slaughter Lane and Manchaca Road (South Austin)
- Lamar Boulevard and Rundberg Lane (North Austin)
- Lamar Boulevard and Parmer Lane (North Austin)
- U.S. 183 Service Road and Cameron Road (Northeast Austin)
- I-35 Southbound Service Road and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard (near Downtown)
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Victims voice relief after arrest in serial killing case
- The Latest: VA pick denies claims he crashed car while drunk
- Pflugerville resident receives $16,000 electric bill
- Macron resists Trump's 'America first' in speech to Congress