AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Travis County Sheriff's Office crews have set up barricades in the 5600 block of Steiner Ranch Road near FM 620 in West Austin after 75 feet of roadway has been washed out near Steiner Ranch Steak House. However, the damage is not extensive, and the roadway can still be used.
Still drivers are encouraged to use Quinlan Park Road as an alternate route.
Meanwhile, the heavy storms overnight caused some significant damage, as lightning sparked two house fires in Manor, a car got stranded in the floodwaters near Manor, three people had to be rescued in Southeastern Williamson County high waters -- a woman who made the rescue call ended up trapped in high water herself -- and there were widespread power outages. The heavy rains overnight also caused issues on Capitol of Texas Highway, where a rockslide near FM 2222 closed down one of the lanes several hours as crews cleaned up the mess.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- US probes 4 deaths in Hyundai-Kia cars when air bags failed
- Merkel defends Germany's trade surplus
- 'Mr. Fix-It': China's new VP has tackled thorniest of crises
- The Latest: UK's May says Russia in 'flagrant' breach of law