AUSTIN (KXAN) - Chef Fer Candil from Paellas Tapas & More joins KXAN News at Noon to show us some Spanish Tapas and some traditional Spanish cuisine you can make at home!
PAN TUMACA (Bread Tumaca)
Pan Tumaca is a traditional Catalonian recipe from Cataluña, in the north east of Spain. This tapa is a common breakfast and appetizer all over Spain.
- 1 loaf of bread – I recommend chiabata.
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Sliced Serrano Ham (good dry meats or good dry cheese are great too)
- Slice the bread and toast. We recommended toasting the bread in the oven at 250F for 20 minutes to obtain a very crispy toast.
- Scratch the toast with peeled garlic
- Cut the tomatoes on half and rub the toast with the tomato.
- Sprinkle some generous drops of olive oil on the toast, and enjoy!
- After the prior steps you may top the toast with sliced Serrano ham or other dry meat or cheese.
A local road project more than two decades in the making won't save drivers as much time as many had hoped.
The University of Texas Board of Regents adjourned Thursday without taking action on the job status of embattled UT President Bill Powers.
Longhorns coach Mack Brown talked with reporters Thursday for the first time since reports surfaced this week that he could be stepping down.
Two men were arrested and a third was being sought by police for the shooting death of 47-year-old Russell Martens.
Parking arrangements are a bit different this year at Austin's Trail of Lights, but there are options to suit just about anybody.
After two hours of discussion regarding the final design for Auditorium Shores, the Austin City Council decided to approve the design on a vote of 7-0 with amendments.