AUSTIN (KXAN) - Tasty Thursday's guest is Mike Rypka from Torchy's Tacos. Torchy's is adding a few things to their menu – including street corn.
Torchy's Tacos Street Corn
Makes 4 servings
- 4.5 lbs. Husked Corn on the Cob
- 4 oz. Mayo or Spiced Mayo
- 6 oz. Queso Fresco
- New Mexico Red Chile Powder
1. Peel and shuck corn to remove husks. Using a wet paper towel, wipe and peel away remaining strands.
2. Place corn on chargrill on high heat. Turn cobs every 2 minutes until browned and slightly blackened on all sides.
3. Cut corn kernels off of cob and set aside.
4. Portion every 8 oz. of corn with 1 oz. Mayo and 1.5 oz. Queso Fresco. Garnish with chile powder and cilantro.
A teacher from Austin was shot and killed while jogging in Benghazi, Libyan officials confirmed Thursday.
Winter is invading Texas with a vengeance as snow, sleet and ice are unleashed on much of northern and western sections of the state.
The expected winter weather has delayed initial construction work on MoPac until the rain and cold temperatures pass through.
Family and friends held a vigil Wednesday at the State Capitol in hopes that a Bastrop man can win a new trial.
A bitterly cold arctic air mass plunging through Central Texas is breaking temperature records, and will be followed by a dangerous, potentially damaging ice storm.
The HealthCare.gov website is working more smoothly for central Texans.