(CNN) - Ordinarily, we wouldn't report on a house fire in a small town that didn't harm anyone. But what makes this one different is its cause - a spider.
Well, make that a homeowner trying to get rid of a spider.
The Chico Enterprise-Record in California reports the homeowner was using a blowtorch to remove cobwebs in the yard.
The flame ignited some dry plants and before you know it, the house was on fire.
The family got out safely, but firefighters told the newspaper there's about $25,000 in damage to the house.
The Austin Humane Society reopened to the public Friday after closing its doors for six weeks.
The freezing and near-freezing rain that swooped into Central Texas overnight prompted numerous school closings and delays and made for a harrowing morning commute on Friday.
A man is charged with murder in the shooting death Wednesday of a woman at a North Austin auto repair shop, police said Friday.
A man is expected to survive after being stabbed in the head at the Salvation Army shelter in Downtown Austin at about 3:45 a.m. Friday.
It's the first criminal charge following a yearlong criminal investigation into the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas.
With freezing temperatures pushing through the region, heating systems will likely be working overtime, which can bring rising energy bills.