Students in the Round Rock Independent School District may be attending a new school in the 2011-2012 school year.
Officials with RRISD approved the recommendations from the Citizen's Boundary Committee, adjusting boundaries for Caldwell Heights Elementary, Double File Trail Elementary, Teravista Elementary and Union Hill Elementary.
District officials told KXAN Austin News the shift was necessary to accommodate the opening of the 32nd elementary located within RRISD in the Paloma Lake subdivision.
Fifth graders affected by the boundary change may remain at their home campus along with siblings through the 2011-2012 school year only.
Boundary changes affect the northeast quadrant of the district. The committees' recommendation included the following changes:
• move Paloma Lake subdivision from Teravista Elementary to new school;
• move Settlers Overlook Caldwell Heights Elementary to new school;
• move The Estates at Old Settlers Park from Caldwell Heights Elementary to new school;
• move Ryan's Crossing from Double File Trail Elementary to new school;
• move Brookside from Double File Trail Elementary to new school; and
• move the Jester Farms subdivision from Union Hill Elementary to Double File Trail
A man convicted 21 years ago for engaging in ritual child abuse was released Thursday after the DA's office agreed the only physical evidence against him was faulty.
A teacher from Austin was shot and killed while jogging in Benghazi, Libyan officials confirmed Thursday.
Winter is invading Texas with a vengeance as snow, sleet and ice are unleashed on much of northern and western sections of the state.
Several organizations on Thursday called for an end to the use of stun guns in schools, saying the incident Cedar Creek High School last month shows the dangers of such devices.
The expected winter weather has delayed initial construction work on MoPac until the rain and cold temperatures pass through.
Family and friends held a vigil Wednesday at the State Capitol in hopes that a Bastrop man can win a new trial.