AUSTIN (KXAN) - The Austin Police Department is asking for the public's help in solving the following homicide cases:
- Arturo Bueno Rodriguez, also know as Humberto Bueno, 32, is wanted in the 2008 murder of Luis Jesus Lopez, 22. Rodriguez is charged with first-degree murder. He is described as 5-foot-8, weighing 140 pounds and having tattoos on his lower and upper left arm.
- Ernesto Macedo Sanchez, also known as Neto, 28, is wanted for the 2008 murder of Eulogio Aguirre, 55. Sanchez is charged with first-degree murder. He is described as 5-foot-2, weighing 190 pounds.
- Carlos Martin Garcia, 26, is wanted for the 2008 murder of Sergio Flores Hernandez, 44. Garcia is charged with second-degree manslaughter. He is described as 5-foot-8, weighing 150 pounds.
- Loretta Lynn Robert's body was found near Montopolis Bridge on July 24, 2006. Roberts was white, 5-foot-7, weighing 140 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. She was homeless and reportedly frequented the area of East Rundberg Lane and North Interstate 35.
- Abraham Macedo Sr. was shot to death inside the Discoteca El Rinconsito at 3128 Manor Road on Nov. 14, 2003. The night club was owned by Macedo Sr. and his wife. Police are seeking two men in the case. They are described as Hispanic males in their late teens, with a thin build. They were last seen wearing hooded sweatshirts and driving away in a black 4-door sedan.
- Samuel Jones was found dead in his apartment at 909 Reinli St. on April 1, 2010. Witnesses say they heard a shot several days before and saw two men flee from the area moments later. It was not clear what their involvement was. Jones lived with his wife Christine Jones in the apartment. Detectives are also looking for a witness described as a Hispanic male, 40-50 years old, with light colored eyes. He is homeless and is known to spend the nights around the sheds behind the IHOP at Koenig Lane and Interstate 35.
Homicide investigators are asking anyone with information about these cases to call the APD homicide tip line at (512) 477-3588 or the Homicide Detail at (512) 974-5210.
APD is also asking for the public's help in identifying the suspect wanted for the death of 18-year-old Efren Gonzalez-Rojas Jr. He was killed when a vehicle rammed his vehicle from behind. The impact caused Rojas to leave the roadway, strike a pole and be ejected from his car.
The vehicle fled and has not yet been located.
The incident happened in the 5700 Block of Loyola Lane on Oct. 21, 2012. Investigators believe that the unidentified suspect and victim were involved in a verbal disturbance in the parking lot of Club Escapade at 6575 Decker Lane and that the disturbance escalated when the two got in their cars and onto the road.
The location of the unidentified suspect's vehicle is also unknown. It is described as a large white or gray pickup truck, possibly a Ford Super Duty with front-end damage, a brush guard and a lifted frame.
More vehicle or driver information is also wanted in a car strike involving a 30-year-old woman that happened on May 18, 2013. The driver of the vehicle remains unknown and is charged with failure to stop and render aid. The woman was walking east on Manor Road when she was struck from behind.
Anyone who has any more information regarding these two cases are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 512-472-TIPS.
More than 100 trees covered in lights now shine bright throughout Zilker Park. The Trail of Lights is open for another season.
A 10-year-old was killed while standing outside of a vehicle which lost control during the icy conditions, DPS said.
Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg heads to court this week as a defendant in a civil trial that could oust her from office.
Santa visited Austin early on Sunday, joining hundreds of motorcyclists for their annual Toy Run.
Late Saturday night into early Sunday morning, a light band of freezing drizzle traversed the I-35 corridor eastward. With sub-freezing temperatures, even the light precipitation created major problems.
Austin Police confirm they have located an 82-year-old women who went missing last night.