AUSTIN (KXAN) - The executive chef from Scott & White Hospital is in studio to discuss healthier options for your Super Bowl party.
The hospital is going to be previewing some alternatives for both Super Bowl parties and Valentines Day meals.
Here are the recipes to the dishes featured in this interview:
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas
2-15 oz reduced sodium garbanzo beans
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
½ Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Black Pepper To Taste
1.Spread garbanzo beans on several layers of paper towels & let dry for about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt, thyme & pepper. Add cheese and stir until crumbly and oil is absorbed. Add garbanzo and toss to coat.
3. Spread on baking sheet & bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden & crispy
*Makes 10 ¼ cup servings
Sodium 202 mg
Mini Polenta Pizza's
1 tube 24ounces Precooked, ready to heat Garlic basil Polenta, cut into twelve ½" slices
2 Tablespoons Sundried Tomato Pesto
½ Roasted Red Bell Pepper cut into thin strips
5 Artichoke hearts, thinly sliced
¾ Cup low fat shredded Mozzarella cheese
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray the polenta slices lightly with cooking spray and place them on a baking sheet. Bake the polenta for 8 minutes. Turn the polenta slices over and bake for 8 minutes longer. Remove from the oven.
3. Top each baked polenta with ½ teaspoon pesto, 1 strip of red pepper, artichoke slices and 1 Tablespoon of cheese.
4. Broil the polenta pizza for about 3 minutes or just until the cheese is melted & light golden.
*Makes 12 each
Calories 60 calories
Sodium 140 mg
Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg heads to court this week as a defendant in a civil trial that could oust her from office.
Santa visited Austin early on Sunday, joining hundreds of motorcyclists for their annual Toy Run.
Late Saturday night into early Sunday morning, a light band of freezing drizzle traversed the I-35 corridor eastward. With sub-freezing temperatures, even the light precipitation created major problems.
A 10-year-old was killed while standing outside a vehicle after the child's family was involved in a fender bender, DPS said.
Austin Police confirm they have located an 82-year-old women who went missing last night.
APD is responding to a 25 vehicle accident near the 5400 block of Ed Bluestein near Thurgood Ave.