AUSTIN (KXAN) - Cheers erupted at a bar and grill in Austin Monday night, as a contestant on "The Voice" took the stage and belted out "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."
Right now, Reid Umstattd is searching for one of the top 12 spots on the singing competition show. He's on Team Adam, and everyone in Doc's Motorworks on 38th Street Monday was pulling for him during the two-hour live show. The singer graduated from Austin High School and went to the University of Texas before working to fulfill his dreams of becoming a musician.
"Surreal is the best way to describe it," one of his family members said of watching him on national TV.
Umstattd will perform alongside 19 others Tuesday and possibly Wednesday night to earn a top spot on the show.
Comment on this story below:
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Korean summit starts with a handshake, after year of tension
- Explosive device in package found with note outside Beaumont Starbucks
- 5 years before massacre, gunman promised not to hurt anyone
- Pizza Hut Museum opens on Wichita State University campus