LOXLEY, Ala. (KXAN/WKRG) - A tour bus carrying students returning to Houston from a school trip plunged into a ravine off an interstate in Alabama.
Officials report one person has died. One person is in critical condition, while five are in serious condition. Up to 45 people may have been on the bus, according to KXAN sister station WKRG. The last victim was removed from the bus around 8:50 a.m. Interstate 10 eastbound was shut down on the Alabama side, west of the Florida border.
The Channelview High School students were part of a high school band taking a trip to Disney World.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Can Zuckerberg's media blitz take the pressure off Facebook?
- Austin bombing suspect's uncle says he was smart, kind
- Global tourism predicted to slow after best year ever
- How police finally found the Austin bomber