MEMPHIS, Tenn. (KXAN) - In a battle for the best barbecue, big cats are picking the winner.
The World Championship of Barbecue Cooking contest teamed up with the Memphis Zoo to figure out which competitor had the best rub. Turns out, the zoo's big cats really love barbecue scents, and the zoo already uses the smells for enrichment activities.
It wasn't too difficult to replace their current scents with some new ones and see which the big cats liked best. First, the pumas, tigers and snow leopards tried out various secret barbecue rubs, and the finalists moved on to the lions to determine a winner.
The lionesses prowled around two boxes, one filled with Yazoo Delta Q rub and the other with dry rub from Central BBQ. Yazoo Delta Q came out on top.
Have a comment? Leave it in the post below:
With US talks in limbo, Korean leaders
US states prepare as Subtropical Storm
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Justin Timberlake visits Santa Fe shooting victims in hospital
- Near 100° all Memorial Day weekend
- Moonwalker, UT-Austin alumnus Alan Bean dies at 86
- Texas officer arrested in fatal shooting of his brother, an off-duty deputy