SAN ANTONIO (KXAN) - A man who is listed on the Texas Top 10 Most Wanted Fugitive list was caught and arrested in San Antonio earlier this week, officials said.
San Juanito Leyva was added to the Most Wanted Fugitive list last week and a $10,000 reward posted for his capture. He was last known to be in the Austin area.
Department of Public Safety officials said he is a member of the Mexican Mafia. He was arrested by DPS Criminal Investigations Division agents, the U.S. Marshals Lone Star Fugitive Task Force, the Bexar County Sheriff's Department, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice OIG, the San Antonio Police Department and the Comal County Sheriff's Office.
Others listed on the Top 10 Most Wanted list are:
- Robert Barrera J r., DOB 9-26-82, last known address: Austin. Wanted for obstructing police, escape and burglary of a habitation .
- Javier Cortez Jr ., DOB 6-10-1980, last known address: Pasadena. Wanted for homicide. He is a known gang affiliate.
- George Felix Deleon , DOB 11-16- 69, last known address: El Paso. Wanted for parole violation. Deleon's criminal history includes convictions for arson, aggravated assault and homicide.
- Gwen Komahcheet , DOB 9-17-50, last known address: Spring. Wanted for aggravated rape with a deadly weapon and failure to register as a sex offender.
- Gaspar E. Loya III, DOB 6-20-74, last known address: Weslaco. Wanted for indecency with a child, burglary, failure to register as a sex offender, escape and unlawful flight.
- Javier Morin Jr ., DOB 8-1-1972, last known address: Corpus Christi. Wanted for possession of a controlled substance and failure to appear.
- Rene Morales Munoz , DOB 12-19-67, last known address: Laredo. Wanted for homicide, probation violations and possession of cocaine.
- Leeroy Suarez , DOB 6-2-83, last known address: New Braunfels. Wanted for homicide, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful flight.
- Ricardo Zuniga , DOB 10-24-79, last known address: San Elizario-El Paso County. Wanted for capital murder in El Paso in 2009 and has been a fugitive since then. His criminal history includes aggravated assault with a gun and drug possession. He is a known gang affiliate.
For more information on specific fugitives or the crimes they are accused of, please contact the local police agency in the area where the fugitive was last seen.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives to be featured on the Texas Top 10 Most Wanted list.
Anyone with information can provide anonymous tips in three different ways:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS—followed by the tip—to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and click the link under their picture to submit a tip via the website.
Imagine being stuck in traffic for more than 2.5 hours just to get from downtown to Round Rock. According to the Texas A&M transportation Institute, that's exactly what will happen unless changes are made.
Joseph E. Holan, 44, of Georgetown died Tuesday morning after a car crashed into the bicycle he was riding. It happened in Round Rock on the Interstate 35 southbound frontage road.
Austin police charged a 40-year-old man with murder Tuesday in the death of his wife.
Homeowners in Bastrop County are being told by authorities to keep a watchful eye on their mailbox due to a recent influx of items being stolen from mailboxes.
In less than a year, two new single-gender middle schools will be coming to Northeast Austin.
For hundreds of homeowners, dealing with the emotional trauma after the flood is the most challenging part of rebuilding.