AUSTIN (KXAN) - Mel's Meals preps some sweet potato pancakes just in time for back to school.
Recipe yields 12 individual pancakes, or three orders.
- ¾ lb. sweet potato, boiled and mashed
- 1 ½ c. whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 ½ c. skim milk
- ¼ c. house made butter, melted
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. cinnamon, ground
- Boil sweet potatoes until fork-tender. Strain, mash and set aside to cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine sweet potato, eggs, milk, and melted butter. Blend until smooth consistency.
- Gradually introduce wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk together until well-incorporated.
- Using a 2 oz. disher, drop batter onto griddle and cook until bottom is set and you see bubble forming on top; then flip.
- Cook other side until top springs back when touched.
- Package in large circle containers, with four pancakes per order. Approximate weight: 8.5 oz.
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4t salt substitute
- blend in food processor until thickened
Sub-freezing temperatures and an approaching upper level disturbance could combine to produce some patchy freezing drizzle or sleet Saturday and early Sunday morning.
Investigators are still trying to figure out who murdered an Austin teacher in Benghazi on Thursday.
Back in June, Governor Rick Perry signed a new law officially letting teachers and students use greetings such as "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hannukah" in school, all without getting in any trouble.
The Round Rock-based computer giant, Dell Inc., is offering some workers voluntary buyouts as it seeks to trim costs and boost productivity.
The Austin Humane Society reopened to the public Friday after closing its doors for six weeks.
Sub-freezing temperatures will continue across much of Central Texas all day Saturday. A second disturbance associated with the winter storm that slammed Texas Thursday and Friday could lead to more freezing precipitation Saturday and …