TAYLOR, Texas (KXAN) — A bicyclist riding down Main Street in Taylor died after getting hit by a dump truck Monday afternoon.
The crash happened just after 3 p.m. on North Main Street at Sixth Street, which is in the heart of the city's downtown corridor.
Taylor police say the driver of the dump truck was going eastbound on West Sixth Street and was making a right turn onto Main Street when they collided with the bicyclist who was northbound on the sidewalk and was entering the crosswalk.
The bicyclist has been identified as Michael Webb, 40, of Taylor. The dump truck was being driven by a 24-year-old man from Hutto.
The crash was cleared by 5:30 p.m.
VIDEO: Men lead deputies on...
Wilco Sheriff's office car chase of...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Another extended heat wave begins as rain clears
- Austin signs international commitment to end AIDS epidemic by 2030
- Concerns raised over psychological impact on families separated at border
- Austin's mayor arrives in West Texas ahead of visit to 'tent city'