NEW YORK (KXAN) -- Fourteen cheerleaders from Manor High School were among the performers Thursday at the 91st annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The Mustangs cheer squad was chosen by Spirit of America Productions to participate in the parade. Only 14 of the 22 cheerleaders on the squad were able to make the trip due to travel costs.
"The heart of our cheer program is showcasing the talents and hard work of our squad," said coach Norma Franco. "We as a team are learning that if you want something, go after it with all of your might. We come from a small town, but we have big dreams and this is just the start."
The cheerleaders representing Manor High were Brittany Balli, Deserae Bolden, Tabitha Flores, Miranda Portillo, Laura Barrera, Almandra Diaz, Shelby Darilek, Tiffany Cromeans, Melanie Solis, Mia Guerra, Destiny Rios, Ashton Moore, Harley Anne Horn and Celeste Mesta.
After using rare ‘gay panic' legal...
Man seriously injured in crash with...
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- After 3 Tommy John surgeries, Jonny Venters back in majors
- Acuna singles, scores in MLB debut, Braves beat Reds 5-4
- After using rare ‘gay panic' legal defense, Austin man avoids prison time
- Rights group says British-Iranian professor held in Tehran