HORSESHOE BAY, Texas (KXAN) -- Police in the Hill Country are looking for a 8-year-old girl who is currently with a parent who doesn't have custodial rights.
Horseshoe Bay police say Margo Murdock was reported missing on Aug. 18 by her grandmother, Sandy Hayes. Hayes told police the child was last seen with her mother, Sonja Murdock on the evening of Aug. 17 leaving for Austin.
"Conflicting court documents regarding the custodial issue of the child were provided to investigators. However, they continued to travel into other jurisdictions making contact with friends, relatives, and associates of Sonja Murdock attempting to locate Margo," said the Horseshoe Bay police in a statement.
On Aug. 25, authorities say paperwork from the Llano County District Court indicated the child's guardian is her grandmother.
Horseshoe Bay police say they have entered Margo into the Texas Crime Information Center as a missing person but the situation does not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Horseshoe Bay Police Department at 830-598-2633.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- After 2016 election, US poised to fight fake news - in Kenya
- Trail Blazers win 13th straight, beat Clippers 122-109
- Two men injured in explosion in southwest Austin
- China names former missile force commander defense minister